Monday, September 05, 2005

Layover in Houston

I left Lafayette this evening at 6:50 PM and was expecting to be back in Nashville about an hour ago but....

When I arrived at the gate for my flight to Nashville in Houston, they had apparently overbooked the flight, which has become a standard procedure especially on holiday weekends. They were looking for volunteers to leave on Tuesday morning in exchange for a hotel room, two meals and a $300 flight voucher. I jumped at the opportunity and here I sit at my parents' apartment in downtown Houston. (I decided not to use the hotel room since this would give me a chance to visit my parents for an evening.)

Not a bad deal except that I will be getting into work a few hours late in the morning. But life goes on and my next trip will only cost me three hours worth of wages!

No comments: