Monday, December 27, 2004

Pro Tools Rocks!

Now that a few days have passed, I have been working on getting the recordings of the show cleaned up for burning to CD. I am happy to say that the quality of the recordings is pretty great considering how small and compact my system is. I only have two professional level inputs on my M-Box. I took a mix from the sound board into one of the inputs and I set up a room mic for the other input to capture some of the crowd noise and the room sound itself.

Since I was working with the sound guy to get our mix, we had some trial and error to learn how to do it but by the end of the night the mix sounded great. So the Hek-Atomic Cherries recording sounds the best with the Smites second, Thunderpants third and Manchild last. But even the Smites and Thunderpants recordings sound okay and definitely better than a bootleg with a minidisc recorder.

When I get back to Nashville, I plan on posting some of the new Cherries recordings on our MySpace Music profile. You can decide about the quality for yourself, but I can honestly say it sounds better than most of what we have recorded before.

No comments: