Friday, December 03, 2004

The Hek-Atomic Cherries

When I was in high school, I was in a punk band called the Hek-Atomic Cherries. It was a lot of fun and definitely helped me get to where I am today: in school for audio production. Of course that was a long time ago and it took me a while to get to where I am now, but nonetheless, it helped me learn the songwriting craft as well as what it's like to perform live.

After high school two of us went to college and the third pursued other musical opportunities. We reunited a few times after high school first after our freshmen years in college and then again after I started grad school when we were all back home during my Spring Break.

Last Christmas, we played our first show in over three years and it was without a doubt, our best. We've all become better musicians since then plus it was a lot of fun to be playing together again. On top of that, we had a great crowd of at least 400 people who had been fans of ours in the old days.

After the show, we decided that should do a show every year around Christmas. So this year we will be playing again in Lafayette, LA on December 23 at Grant Street Dancehall. I am inviting anyone who may be in the area that night to come and see one of the signature bands of the '90's alternative rock scene in Lafayette. Here's what the Times of Acadiana had to say last December.

Come and rock out!

No comments: