Monday, December 27, 2004

The Life Aquatic

I just got home from seeing "The Life Aquatic," the new Wes Anderson film. It was funny and had it's moments but it was no "Rushmore" or "The Royal Tenenbaums."

My dad is a huge fan of "Rushmore" and although he hasn't seen "The Life Aquatic," he felt that "The Royal Tenenbaums" was an attempt at remaking "Rushmore" and he was wondering if "The Life Aquatic" was the same. After thinking about it for a little while, I have to say it sort of is. Not that it was bad, but it is certainly similar although the locals are a different. It definitely has some very funny moments and great music, but I didn't totally love it.

I saw an afternoon showing and for that price I think it was worth it but otherwise, I would probably wait for the DVD. Plus at the Grand 16 here in Lafayette, they sell daiquiris in which I gladly partook!

1 comment:

Editor in Chief said...

I thought Rushmore was the best one, and Royal Tenebaums fell short. Too much Owen Wilson, plus Ben Stiller. Anyway, I though Rushmore was great because it was basically the kid and Bill Murray. I haven't seen The Life Aquatic yet though. But Rushmore is the masterpiece. Plus it was filmed entirely in Houston, my hometown.