Friday, December 10, 2004

The Legend Continues....

So here she is....

The Legendary List Eater

Thanks to my friend Joel for getting ahold of this picture. There is also video taken by a student at the incident and shown on local news station KBTX.

In the associated article, she claims that she never actually ate the list but rather "put the list in her mouth but didn't swallow." She went on to tell KBTX that she "regrets what happened but feels she didn't do anything wrong." And therein lies the problem. She had no respect for a student run system devised to maintain fairness in the ticket buying process.

There is a good quote from an A&M student in campus newspaper, The Battalion. The quote is in response to the List Eater saying the list is not University sanctioned so she did not need to abide by it.

"Its just frustrating because the list is a honor system, and for her to get in the front of the line is just not right," [Amineh Baradar] said. "Right now, it's not University regulated because it doesn't need to be."

It is a sad day when Aggie honor does not apply to football tickets. The article goes on to mention that the still unnamed student has filed harassment complaints with the campus police.

The student List-Eater said she reported death threats to the campus police.

"My life was threatened, things were thrown at me, people were calling me every name imaginable," she said. "They were yelling 'Beat the hell outta' the List-Eater.'"

Elmer Schneider, interim director of University Police Department, said the student reported the assault at about 11 a.m. Thursday.

"She reported being grabbed in the face that resulted in injuries," he said. "We're going to follow up and interview the witnesses."

Well missy, Karma is a bitch and I have absolutely no sympathy considering I have stood in the cold rain to wait for tickets and still had no problem abiding by the list. I hope she has fun at the Cotton Bowl and it is worth all this trouble. If I were her, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game because the guilt associated with my ill-gotten gains. I'd probably just cut my loses and scalp my tickets!

No comments: