Saturday, November 13, 2004

How much irrational protest is too much?

What if George W. Bush had not won re-election? What would you have done? I for one would have done nothing different than I have done up to this point. Sure I would would have been disappointed but I would have gone on living. I don't let who holds the office of president control my life.

This is an example of an irrational human being. I'm all for meaningful protest and voicing your opinion, but is this really necessary because George W. Bush was re-elected? If the tables were turned, would the Bush voters organize a work stoppage to protest John Kerry's election? Perhaps there would have been prayer vigils (because we're all fundamentalist Christians, right?) but no Bush voter would bother with this kind of inane idea.

Get over it! Nov. 2, 2004 is behind us. If you don't get on with your life, you'll make yourself sick! Moveon.org was so named in order to urge Congress to cease impeachment hearings, censure President Clinton and "move on" with the business of the country. But now it's time for the liberal "blue staters" to move on with their lives and admit they were beaten fair and square by someone that is a lot smarter than they'll ever give him credit for.

1 comment:

Editor in Chief said...

These people don't like to live in a democracy. Otherwise they would get over it.