Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The funniest sitcom of all time?

We are only two weeks away from the day that I have waited for for many many years...at least since 1998. Back then, the world barely knew what DVDs were but once the format became popular for releasing seasons of TV series, I knew that the time would one day come for the release of 'Seinfeld.' The first three seasons will be released on November 23 in a couple of different versions, including some kind of crazy collectors edition. Based on a review on FoxNews.com, the DVDs will be packed with extras including commentary, behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, bloopers, yada, yada yada.

Thought by many to be the greatest sitcom of all time, it set new rules for TV. Now you're hard pressed to find any sitcom that wasn't in some way influenced by the show.

For years, I thought that Jerry Seinfeld was a comedic genius...that is until I watched my first episode of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm.' Although technically not a sitcom, it has proven to me that Larry David is undoubtedly the genius behind the humor of 'Seinfeld.'

So when you go to purchase the first three seasons of 'Seinfeld,' grab the first two seasons of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' as well. You will not be disappointed unless you rely on a laugh track to tell you what's supposed to be funny. But I think you are smarter than that.

No comments: