Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Da Vinci Code

Comingsoon.net is reporting that Tom Hanks has been cast as Robert Langdon in the film version of 'The Da Vinci Code.' I think Hanks will be excellent as Langdon.

I received the book as a gift last Christmas and read it in two days. I am a normally fast reader but I read this even more quickly because it's short chapters read almost like scenes in a screenplay. I vividly imagined every chapter taking place on a movie screen as I read. So transferring it to film should be very easy.

At times The Da Vinci Code felt like a low-rent version of Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum, but I still enjoyed it very much and it should make for a very exciting film. Hopefully, Dan Brown's story will be the one that makes it to the screen.

1 comment:

Editor in Chief said...

Read 'Angels and Demons,' it's much better that Da Vinci, in my opinion. Same kind of story line, just a little more interesting from a science perspective, which I think you will enjoy.