Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Thanks for playing, Ashlee Simpson...

I mentioned in an earlier post that the highlight of the Orange Bowl for me has to be when the crowd at Pro Player Stadium booed Ashlee Simpson as she finished her halftime performance. It was really a great moment for my faith in pop music. Just when I was on the verge of giving up all hope that the nation as a whole did not understand just how bad it has gotten, this little gem happens.

After what should have been Ashlee Simpson's career ending "performance" on Saturday Night Live, I was surprised to still see her making headlines and embarking on a tour. But after what happened last night, I would be surprised if anything comes of the still planned tour. I really don't think there is any way to spin the crowd's reaction to her latest appearance. And if you think I'm exaggerating, the good folks at CollegeHumor.com have the video that I knew would surface on the internet at some point today. Some things I have read about it say that you can actually hear someone yell "You Suck!" but I haven't been able to hear that over 75,000 people booing in unison.

1 comment:

Editor in Chief said...

The Ashley Simpson person, famous because she is the sister of someone famous who is famous why? Sometimes you wonder how these people get their gigs, why are they on TV, then you see their sister is on TV because she is your sister. Weird situation. I'm just waiting for the Simpson girls Playboy spread.