Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Inauguration Eve

I got a call from my brother Travis tonight. He is in Washington, D.C. with the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band and will be marching in tomorrow's Inauguration Parade. I'm very excited that he is getting to have this opportunity. It is quite an honor. Plus he is one of the Drum Majors which makes it that much more exciting. He told me that he has been taking lots of pictures and I plan to post some when he gets back to College Station and has a chance to email them to me. His part of the parade will be starting at 2:00 Eastern/1:00 Central. Hopefully I'll be able to catch part of it but I'm sure that the band will be documenting it for posterity.

1 comment:

Editor in Chief said...

I'm sure they are freezing their tails off, too! Aren't you glad we decided not to go? The weather would really put a damper on the festivities for peons like us who must arrive freakishly early to get a seat, just to be able to see something that is over in less than 5 minutes! I'm sure you wish you were there, and D.C. looks beautiful covered in snow, but my feet are thanking me this very moment.