Wednesday, January 12, 2005

An Obsession of Another Variety

Is it just me or do some people worry too much about the impact that Fox News is having? Someone is concerned...

I saw this on the internet today. It's a little device called the Fox Blocker and the claim is that "[U]sing proprietary technology, the FOXBlocker works to filter out FOX News from your cable lineup." Come on! Is that really necessary? Even if the technology does exist, why do you need to spend $8.95 when you could just choose not to go to that channel. It really boggles my mind that someone would buy this thing but when you have an unhealthy obsession, I guess it makes sense.

I only wish that I had come up with the idea because I'm sure this thing will sell even if it is just a novelty. It proves the oft-quoted (but apparently misquoted) P.T Barnum saying that "[T]here's a sucker born every minute."

No comments: