Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"The Glass Ballerina"

Tonight's episode of LOST was better than last week, but I still won't be totally happy until I see what happened to Locke, Mr. Eko and Desmond (which appears to be next week...finally!).

Again, I'll let someone else recap the episode, but I'll offer my thoughts.

STOP READING NOW TO AVOID SPOILERS!

I was a little surprised to see that Sun really did have an affair with her English tutor, Jae Lee. I know that's where the show seemed to be leading last season, but I thought it was a red herring. So I guess the baby might be Jae's after all, although that would have to mean that Oceanic 815 would have to have crashed fairly soon after Jin was sent to kill Jae. I guess we'll have to wait until much, much later in the season to get any answers on that.

As far as the Others go, I'm ready for at least a few answers as to who they are and just what in the hell is motivating them. Is it just me or is anybody else getting tired of the Others telling the Losties that they're "the good guys?" If they want the Losties to trust them, they need to prove themselves a little bit. So far, the only thing that the Others have done is kidnapped, killed or ambushed the Losties, so I think that the onus is on them to give a little. I mean it's great that we got to learn fake Henry Gale's real name (Benjamin Linus) and that he has spent his whole life on the island, but what the hell are these people doing on the island? Why are they having Kate break rocks while Sawyer hauls them away? And if Alex is trying to tell Kate and Sawyer something, she should just tell it already! What the hell is going on?

Meanwhile, I think that one of the mystical powers of the island is to make military strategists stupid. Sayid has now been duped twice by the Others in a matter of days. First he got sent to the fake camp in last season's finale and now the sailboat got taken.

One thing I can say is that Sawyer is fast becoming one of my favorite characters. He seems to be the only Lostie willing to treat the Others exactly how they deserve to be treated at this point. He is such a smart ass to them and until they quit treating the Losties like crap, Sawyer should keep being a smart ass!

Like I said, I'm ready for Locke, Mr. Eko and Desmond. I might be setting myself up for further disappointment, but if next week's episode isn't good, this might be a pretty mediocre season. We shall see!

NEXT WEEK on LOST:


And here is the Canadian preview which seems to shed a little more light on the effect that the failsafe device had on Locke:

2 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I am totally with you on everything! As usual, I am left with more questions than answers...