Friday, November 18, 2005

Texas Aggie Bonfire '99

Today is the sixth anniversary of the collapse of the annual Aggie Bonfire that killed twelve students as it was being constructed.

I pretty much said all I have to say about it last year when the memorial was dedicated. I visited it about a month before it was dedicated and it was a very moving experience. It was my first time back at the site since I went out there in the days after Bonfire fell.

I'll never forget that morning six years ago and the sadness that became so identified with one of the most visible Aggie traditions. We will never forget.


Miranda Denise Adams
Christopher D. Breen
Michael Stephen Ebanks
Jeremy Richard Frampton
Jamie Lynn Hand
Christopher Lee Heard
Timothy Doran Kerlee, Jr
Lucas John Kimmel
Bryan A. McClain
Chad A. Powell
Jerry Don Self
Nathan Scott West

No comments: