Wednesday, April 06, 2005

More work for me

Here is an update for all of my good friends who have been wondering what I am going to do with myself now that I am finished with school. As I have mentioned before, I am working a part time job at a company here in Nashville called Universal Digital doing recording and editing of spoken word projects used for telephone voice prompts.

Starting yesterday afternoon, I began a new internship with Azalea Studios assisting with engineering and studio management. I met and spoke with Fett, the owner and operator, several times before yesterday and was very excited about the internship. He has promised that after three months he will either hire me outright or let me go on my way but not take advantage of the internship for his personal gain. That's a lot more than can be said for most internships in this town.

Yesterday I watched as he worked on vocal overdubs and then we discussed what I would be helping him with on the studio management side of things. I am very excited about the opportunity and feel that I can make an impression that will want him to hire me. But I will keep everyone posted!

No comments: