Thursday, April 21, 2005

Softly Call The Muster

Let comrade answer 'Here'...

Tonight I attended Aggie Muster for the sixth time since I graduated from A&M. It was my first here in Nashville and was more like my experiences in Atlanta; very laid back and casual. The Musters in Austin were always much more formal affairs which was nice but I tend to appreciate this laid back Muster more being away from campus.

Muster is always a great event for me as it reaffirms my connection to A&M no matter how far away I might be. It is nice to see the Aggie family remain so strong a thousand miles away from College Station. Plus you never know who you might run into. Tonight, I saw a guy who was in a bunch of my Biomedical Engineering classes. I hadn't seen him in six years!

So it was another successful Aggies Muster. Although the occasion is marked by some sadness, it is really a great way to reconnect with the family. For every Aggie out there, Gig 'Em and Happy Muster. For every Texan out there, Happy San Jacinto Day. And for everyone else, Happy Thursday.

1 comment:

Editor in Chief said...

Out of Texas Muster's are better because they are smaller. In Dallas Muster was so big you pretty much just talked to the person you came with. In NY there is more time to mingle and more socializing.