Thursday, April 28, 2005

Nashville Sounds

Tonight, I was planning on a night at home of relative boredom and perhaps a viewing of the Apprentice, but my friend Joseph called me and offered an extra ticket to a Nashville Sounds game. Since I have been in Nashville for more than ten months now and still not successfully been to a Sounds game, I thought I'd give it a go.

As it turned out, it was $1 beer night so that made it all the more exciting once I was in the gates. However, the unseasonable cold, threatening rain and poor play by the Sounds certainly put a damper on the game. That didn't stop me from enjoying a few beers, a ballpark hotdog and some roasted peanuts. Fifty-five degrees on April 28 is just too darn cold for the South. Like I said, the Sounds didn't play so hot, giving up five runs in the first inning, but it was certainly nice to get out to a ballpark again. I'll definitely have to take more advantage of the minor league club here in town. It beats sitting around in my apartment watching the idiot box.

4 comments:

Editor in Chief said...

We were at the Yankees last night, same thing, cold, 50's. The Yankees lost, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. It was $8.25 beer night at Yankee Stadium, so we only had one a piece.

Stacy said...

Wes, you know I always try to click on your ads at the top to give you a little revenue. One of them took me to a page with the picture of some guy getting his head chopped off... what happened to the Sienfeld t-shirts?

Wes Raine said...

Not sure about the head shopped off ad. I too long for the days of Seinfeld T-shirts and recording schools. So much for content targeted ads.

Editor in Chief said...

I guy getting his head chopped off, cool.