Sunday, April 10, 2005

Car Update

On Friday night, I called the redneck, Tennessean woman for the fourth time and got her answering machine again. I was pretty much certain that I would be eating the cost of this fender bender so I called Geico again to let them know that I hadn't been able to contact the other driver. They told me that they would make attempts next and then we set up an appointment for me to get my car looked at by an adjustor.

On Saturday morning at 8:30 am, the redneck, Tennessean called me. She told me that she had been out of town and just got back. She also said that I should call her at work and gave me that number. Wow! It seems like that would have been great information to have at the time of the accident! Personally, I think she was hoping that I wouldn't answer that early on a Saturday but boy was she wrong.

So I have her information and I have passed it along to my insurance company was well as filed a claim with her company. I'm feeling better about this now and know that Geico won't mess around when it comes to getting the money for these repairs. I'm still not totally convinced yet, but it's looking like all that money that I have been paying in premiums might actually be worth something after all.

No comments: