Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Borat Sagdiev

Roxi and I saw the Borat movie last night and although I enjoyed it, I kind of feel like it fell victim to the same fate as most SNL movies. Granted it is better than most of those, but I still feel like the shorter sketches on Da Ali G Show just work better than the plotline designed to fill in the spaces between the sketches in the movie. The show sketches leave me wanting more while I felt like the movie was losing a little steam by the end. Still very funny and worth seeing, but it got off to a slower start than I expected. I must say though that Sacha Baron Cohen is a very good actor not only being able to pull off the ruse on unsuspecting people, but many of the other scenes had a believable emotional element considering the absurd premise.

No comments: