Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Richard Hatch to star in "Survivor: Federal Prison"

Richard Hatch, this first winner of Survivor, has been found guilty of evading taxes on his prize money from the show. His argument was that the producers of the show promised to pay his taxes if he won. I guess he should have improvised some kind of written contract on that island rather than rely on a verbal agreement. He could face up to 13 years in Federal (PMITA) prison and $600,000 in fines.

I've only seen two episodes of survivor, one of which was the episode where Richard Hatch won. I could tell from that one show that he was an arrogant jerk so I guess this is just karma's way of paying him back. I'd say he was going to have a rough time in prison but he'll probably make an alliance with some prisoners and later stab them in the back...literally.

No comments: