Thursday, January 05, 2006

Another lost icon of childhood

My good friend Chris emailed me today with an interesting website advertising an auction of everything from the now closed AstroWorld theme park. I had no idea that it was closed but I guess I should have seen it coming. I think the last time I went there was almost twelve years ago when my high school physics class made the trip for Physics and Science Day. I had been many other times before as a child but I guess after seeing some other amusement parks since then, AstroWorld really wasn't all that great. But it was such an institution of my youth I can't help but feel a little sad. Not quite sad enough to go to this weekend's auction and buy a roller coaster though. The park will be missed but not forgotten thanks to this tribute site set up by AstroWorld webmasters.

No comments: