Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I am an Audio Engineer

I really didn't feel like I was a full fledged engineer until sometime in the past few days. Today, I finished a series of sessions that have taken place over the course of the last seven days and that have amounted to 38 hours of studio time at Azalea Studios. We did tracking for three different artists and I sat in the Engineer's chair for a majority of the first two sessions, but more importantly, all of today's session. And let me tell you, it felt great! I was in total control of the console and the tape machine, plus I handled all of the punch-ins to correct the mistakes made by the musicians during the tracking. It was exhilarating!

When I made the decision to pursue this avenue a little over two years ago, I didn't know if it could live up to my expectations, but I can say that as of today, it most certainly has! This is what I want to do for a long time. I am very excited about my future both with Azalea Studios and Universal Digital, but more importantly about the studio that I plan to start at some unspecified time in the near future. Wow! That's all I can really say. I think I might have truly found my calling!

1 comment:

Editor in Chief said...

That's great, Wes! I'm very excited for you, that is always a thrill. I'm glad it's lived up to your expectations.

I'm jealous, too....