Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What have we learned from this?

I didn't really want to post much about the results of the Michael Jackson trial but I did want to say that I am not surprised in the least by the verdict. What are the lessons that can be learned or reinforced from this?

1. If you live in California and you are a celebrity, you can do almost anything you want and not be convicted.
2. The reason that number one is true is that the public prosecutors for the state are completely incapable of building a strong case against celebrity defendants.
3. If you are not a celebrity, all bets are off and you better get ready for a lot of jail time and/or the death penalty.

UPDATE: On tonight's episode of the Daily Show, Stephen Colbert made the exact same points that I did in the above post. I didn't realize he was a reader of this blog!

No comments: