Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My First Recording Credit!

When I went to Azalea Studios today, Fett informed me that I had gotten my first official recording credit! It is for a rather unique recording project by a woman named Kristi McClanahan. She is an AD/HD and Parenting Coach and has devised several teaching programs/seminars that incorporate music to help learn the lessons.

The specific program is called "Tune In! A Musical Approach to Effective ADD Management for ADD Adults and Their Families." When I first started working at Azalea Studios, I was asked to help out on the project that was already pretty far along. I assisted in recording vocal overdubs for "It's Easy To Do" and assisted in mixing "Less Is More." That work was enough to receive a Third Engineer credit on the finished product and I couldn't be happier. It's exciting to have gotten a written credit this early in my new career. It's nice to get recognition for all the hours we put in on those two tracks.

No comments: