Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Truth About Dave Chappelle

This morning, Time Magazine has published and article/interview with Dave Chappelle from South Africa to dispel the rumors of being in rehab or a mental institution. It seems he has traveled to South Africa to spend time with a friend/advisor whom he has known for a while. Dave's problem is that many of the people around him have become Yes Men since he has gotten the $50 million deal and he just wants to get back to a place where he can get honest opinions on things and not just hear that he is a genius and that this or that sketch idea is a great one. I for one am glad to hear it and it just goes to show how quickly rumors can fly in the world of print media. It's pretty amazing really. I for one thought they were just rumors when I first heard them, but then once I saw them in print, I couldn't help but trust the media and their sources. So now, after I have read the article in Time, I wonder how much I can trust the accuracy of this article about Comedy Central scrambling to fill the void in their programming schedule. Really, I'm just glad that Dave is doing just fine and that hopefully he can get production of his show back on track soon.

No comments: