Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Apprentice: The Musical (!)

I just finished watching the Apprentice finale tonight and right at the end, The Donald was hyping next season, the spinoff with Martha Stewart and he also dropped in a comment about an Apprentice musical.

Apparently this is old news from way back in January, but it is the first I hear of it and frankly I think that The Donald might just be on the verge of overexposure. I'll admit that after watching the first season, my impression of The Donald did change. He was given much needed humanity by his appearance on the show. I thought it was very funny when he poked fun at himself on Saturday Night Live. And again in several commercials. But I think that we are reaching Donald Trump saturation level. I suppose that an Apprentice musical could be entertaining...I'll admit I wasn't too sure about the Apprentice TV show when it started, but doesn't it seem a little strange trying to translate the show into a Stage production? Then again stranger things have happened.

In related news, I saw an article yesterday about what it actually means to be the Apprentice. Then again it was reported in Newsweek so there is no telling if the story is even true.

UPDATE: Here is another article about the Apprentice Musical.

No comments: