Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Fame Is Hard

Not that I would know, but I like to think from the interviews that I have seen, Dave Chappelle is a pretty normal guy. I mean he is happily married, has a few kids and lives on a farm in Ohio(!) to avoid the craziness of LA or New York. So when you go from a guy who has spent more than ten years doing stand up comedy and playing bit roles in bad movies to suddenly getting paid $50 million to do two more seasons of your successful TV show, there is probably a lot of weight on your shoulders.

Well the interesting recent developments for Dave Chappelle continue. The AP is reporting that Dave has checked himself into a mental health clinic in South Africa. Why South Africa? Who knows. But this must be pretty serious because he has apparently been AWOL since April 28 and this is the first anyone hears of his whereabouts. I hope that the treatment and the rest will help. Supposedly, about five episodes worth of sketches have been filmed for the new season. Here's to hoping that Dave gets better and can finish the season and then we can all see what is probably very funny stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave was spotted in NYC today, So I guess he is back from South Africa. I wrote about it in my blog.