Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Home Brew Days 2 & 3

As I mentioned on my first day of my home brewing project, fermenting began within a few hours of finishing the preparations for my beer. On the morning of the second day, fermentation was going strong. The yeast was creating a lot of gas bubbles and foam in the fermenter and bubbles were escaping from the airlock every one to two seconds.







The appearance hasn't changed too much today, although I have noticed more sediment at the bottom of the fermenter and that the beer is taking on a slightly lighter color. The tell-tale sign that things are going well though is that there is a definite beer smell being released from the airlock as the fermentation gases are released. According to the instructions, fermentation should be wrapping up in the next day or two and then after the beer settles, it will be ready for bottling!

No comments: