Friday, February 03, 2006

Dave Chappelle cries on Oprah

Or maybe not. I don't watch Oprah. But if you are part of the "O Army," today you would have seen Dave Chappelle give his first interview since quitting and disappearing in the middle of production of the third season of "Chappelle's Show." He claims to have not been on drugs or in the midst of mental problems, but rather he was just stressed out.

"I felt in a lot of instances I was deliberately being put through stress because when you're a guy who generates money, people have a vested interested in controlling you," Chappelle said.


Chappelle didn't rule out completing the contracted third and fourth seasons of his show, but he said that the circumstances would have to be right. As far as I'm concerned, his show was funny but it was never "$50 million funny." So I could take or leave his return but I'm just a firm believer that celebrity healing can't begin without a tearful apology for/admission of something/PR stunt on a nationally syndicated talk show. Anything less is just half-assing it!

No comments: