Friday, July 31, 2009

Futurama: What's the Point?

Comic Con provided no new information about the employment of the original voice actors for the new episodes of Futurama, but unsurprising news today is that the series will be produced with an all new cast. I already didn't like the idea of new episodes, but I thought that some Futurama might be better than none at all. As of now, I no longer hold that opinion. The idea of new voice actors on Futurama is about as smart as replacing the whole cast of Seinfeld with different actors and making new episodes. What's the point? I don't care how funny the scripts might turn out to be, it will just not be the same. They might even be able to find voice actors that can come fairly close to sounding like the original actors, but I doubt it. Maybe new viewers won't notice a difference, but fans will and shouldn't that count for something?

No comments: