Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Home Again, Home Again

Over this long holiday weekend, Roxi and spent about two of the four days making stage one of our move into the house I grew up in. My brother Garrett and his girlfriend Nicole have been living there for the past few years while my parents are temporarily living in Houston, TX for work. They have been sort of acting as caretakers in exchange for living rent free. Garrett and Nicole were in the process of moving to Brooklyn, NY at the same time I was moving back to Lafayette and so Roxi and I were asked if we would like to live in the old house.

When I first moved back from Nashville, I unpacked most of my things at the house but there is the issue of Roxi's things...so we spent the better part of Monday moving a lot of her bigger items into the house. It wasn't as bad as we thought it might be and by Monday night, we were set up in my old room at the house. It's nice to be back in the house although we have our work cut out for us. There is a LOT of stuff in the house that is out of place because of all the renovations my parents have been doing. There is a lot of clutter, but we are already working to bring some order back to the chaos. Hopefully in a few weeks, we'll have it nice and comfortable again. And then we'll be ready for visitors!

No comments: