Saturday, October 15, 2005

Texas A&M 1-0 in untelevised games this season

While I was watching the exciting game between USC and Notre Dame, the Aggies were putting together their best performance of the year since defeating SMU earlier this season. However, I only got updates every sixty seconds on my laptop through Yahoo! Sports. One thing I can say is that it made the game go by more quickly but I'm sure it would have been more excruciating had A&M been on the losing end today. I was really worried about the Aggies continuing the descent into mediocrity but with a mere two more wins, the team will be bowl eligible. We'll see how it goes next week against Kansas St. but it is also not televised and so far our record in untelevised games is perfect!

As far as the USC/Notre Dame game goes, as much as I hate to say it, Notre Dame deserves to move up in the rankings for the way they played today. USC just had the National Championship spirit that helped them win in the end. And if anyone disagrees with the way the game ended, the referees did make the right call however strange and unfair it might have seemed. What I can say is that USC will have to play a lot better than they did today if they expect to beat Texas assuming both teams make it to the Rose Bowl in January.

1 comment:

Timmie Smith said...

We're undefeated in untelevised games. However, we're utterly defeated in road games this season (0-2). It'll be interesting to see which of these trends continues this weekend.