Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Gotta Love Google!

I went to Google this morning to do a quick search and, as is usually the case when I surf the web, I got very sidetracked. In fact I still am because as soon as I saw what I saw, I felt I must share it with the world or whomever reads this blog.

As most people are familiar, Google will often change their logo to incorporate important events of the specific date. Well today, the Google logo has replaced the second "O" with the moon with a lunar lander sitting atop it and being viewed by "moon men" from atop the first "O." I clicked the logo to find out more and was directed to the Google Moon page.

This is Google's commemoration of the landing of Apollo 11 on the moon on July 20, 1969. Google has expanded the very cool Google Maps to include the surface of the moon highlighting the area where the Apollo missions landed. Each landing site has a marker which lists the name of the mission, the date of the landing and the crew. Plus you get a little surprise if you zoom to the highest level of detail. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I tried it out. It is a nice surprise. Thanks for sharing!