Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Office (US)

I watched the first episode of the American version of my favorite British comedy of all time, The Office, and was less than impressed. Don't get me wrong; it was funny but I really don't see any point in remaking a show that is already very very good just because the actors aren't American. Steve Carell is very funny as the wanting-to-be-loved-by-everyone boss, but the story line is exactly the same as the superior British version. I don't understand why they didn't base it on the British series and do something different with it. To me it seems like a big waste of money because it has already been done like this before. But I guess it's better since they don't have British accents, right?

1 comment:

Editor in Chief said...

Yeah, we saw it the other night. I have never seen the British Version, but have no doubts that it is superior to this one. It was funny, but seems to have no plot line.