Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Rhythm Nation

My good friend Lauren from Chicago emailed me today asking why I haven't written anything about what has been happening with the Nashville Rhythm, an ABA team. Honestly, until tonight, like most citizens of this fair city, I didn't understand what was going on with the situation.

On Monday, I was reading the Nashville City Paper and read an article on the rather confusing events that had transpired over the weekend. But I really didn't follow the story that well. I was confused and didn't think much of it. But then later in the day on a local news broadcast, I saw that the story was making major headlines on the likes of ESPN.

Until tonight, I really didn't get all that had transpired but thankfully Lauren supplied me with a link that has cleared it up for me. That being said, I heard more tonight (before reading the above link) about an apology from the organization. Checking back at the City Paper, I found this further confusing article.

So I don't know if I will be able keep up with this bizarre story, but I suppose as a Nashvillian, I should at least try to be the "man on the street" for the information superhighway.

No comments: