Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Big Game

So Super Sunday is here and I don't feel that different. There was a time that I used to get really excited about the Super Bowl, but that has certainly waned over the years.

I don't think that I have cared about a Super Bowl since the Rams played the Titans in 2000. That was only exciting because I was rooting for the Oilers (Titans). Since then I have been pretty much unconcerned about the game because I'm not much of a professional football fan.

Remember when the commercials were creative and funny? I do. We'd talk about the commercials all day on the Monday after. Now they are all dumbed down and about as funny as surgery. The commercials over the past two years have been downright dreadful.

So what am I looking forward to if anything? Getting to spend time with good friends and drink some beers. That's really what the game is really about for most people anyway...or so I'd like to believe.

No comments: