Friday, December 23, 2005

A Day of Milestones

I am back in Lafayette, LA after a long afternoon/evening of driving with Roxi from Nashville. Roxi came to visit me about ten days ago and then we drove home together yesterday.

It's Christmas Eve eve, but this day has significance for several reasons. Tonight is my ten year high school reunion. I can't believe that it has already been (a little over) ten years since I first left Lafayette and went to college. I've seen most of my classmates many times over the past few years but it will be nice to see a lot of them together for the first time in a decade.

Secondly, tonight is the night that my old band, the Hek-Atomic Cherries, has played a reunion show for the past two years. But we won't be playing a show tonight. Earlier this year, Steve, Charles and I decided that the Cherries would take this Christmas off so that Steve and I could enjoy our relatively short stays in Lafayette rather than be consumed with practicing and preparing for a show. Charles, a Lafayette resident, will be playing with his other band Thunderpants tonight along with the Black Rats and the Pine Leaf Boys.

Finally, and most importantly, tonight is the one year anniversary of my reacquaintance with Roxi at last year's show. My life has been different from that for the last year and I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

So to you and yours, enjoy this eve of Christmas Eve and I wish you good milestones as well.

No comments: