Saturday, March 28, 2009

"He's Our You"

Roxi and I are back from Dublin and of course the first thing we had to do was watch this week's episode of LOST. Sadly, Roxi got spoiled on Thursday while she was checking her Facebook page (you really have to warn people before you post spoilers people!) so the shocking ending wasn't so shocking to her. I on the other hand had no prior knowledge, but it honestly wasn't very shocking to me either...

STOP READING NOW TO AVOID SPOILERS!!!!!

I like to go into my blog post without reading anyone else's reactions to an episode if I can help it. I will be curious to see if people were really that surprised by the "shocking" ending. I put it in quotes because honestly, did anyone really think that Sayid was interested in doing anything other than trying to kill young Ben? Honestly? And did you think that he wouldn't be able to bring himself to do it? Sure it was dramatic, but it really didn't surprise me too much. If anything, I'm surprised it happened so quickly, but the end of the series is rapidly approaching so time is of the essence. So is Ben really dead? Very doubtful. Sayid didn't even bother to check so I say no. Plus we've been hammered over the head for months now that you can't change the past. You can't go back in time and kill Hitler or Ben even if they were both genocidal maniacs. I think next week's episode will sum it all up nicely: "Whatever Happened, Happened." As Roxi pointed out after finishing the episode, Ben was always shot by Sayid and that's why he hates him so much in the future.

It was interesting to get a traditional flashback this week especially since it went back so far in Sayid's past. It was nice to fill in the blanks about what had been happening in Sayid's life since he started killing for Ben and how he ended up on Ajira 316. Does anyone else think that Ilana is more than just a bounty hunter?

Sawyer is such a good guy now. He is trying so hard to make things work, but damn if Jack and company haven't screwed it all up for him! I liked his exchanges with Sayid and Kate about why they had come back. I think that there is little doubt as to Kate's reason for returning to the Island. But what about Juliet?

A bunch of hippies have a torturer? It was interesting to hear someone finally mention Ann Arbor again. Here's to hoping that we see the DeGroots before the end of the season. Speaking of people I'd like to see before the end of the season, what's going on with Locke over on the other island? I like this Dharma story and all, but what's going on with resurrected Locke?!?

No comments: