Sunday, June 11, 2006

Back to life...back to reality...

Our cruise came to a bitter sweet end this morning. We had such a wonderful time although it was the same ship and ports of call that we sailed to on our last cruise. The difference this time was that Roxi and her family came with us. Like our other three cruises, this one had a different feel to it than it's predecessors.

Sadly we are back to reality and I will be starting my new job tomorrow. On the Friday before the cruise, I had an interview with Beta Land Services for a job as a landman. It is a little diversion from the recording engineering that I have been focusing on for the past two years, but it is a temporary change so that Roxi and I can be together while she is finishing her dissertation. The good thing is that I'll be making a considerably larger amount of money than I have been for the past two years. We look at it as a way save some money while we prepare for our next big step when Roxi finishes her PhD.

I plan to write about both the cruise and the new job soon, but right now, I am pretty tired after my travels and need some rest before I start this new job.

No comments: